Posts by jcb.brooks

Thanks.
How long can you keep strawberry cream cheese filling in fridge for. Found recipe with fresh strawberries, heavy cream and cream cheese. I have two cakes to do one for tomorrow and one for Tuesday, should I make two different batches or would one batch work for the two.
I new to gumpaste and I'm not sure how fast its supposed to dry. By the time I rolled it out and put it to the cricut mackine it was already starting to dry, can I add something to it t keep it from drying so fast
My sons school asked me to make a cake for their winter dance, theme is Candyland Christmas, I have been trying to search on the gallery but it's not working. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks alot. I will have to try it out.
Someone asked me the other day if I made a berry cake. She said it was a mixture of all kinds of berries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, black berries, all mixed in the cake mix. Has anyone heard of this and is there a recipe out there.Thanks
Someone asked me to make a grooms cake. I German Chocolate Cake and filing. She wants it to be a Firemans helmet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......
Thanks for the info. I think I will try the buttercream, I am still new with fondant and think I will have a big mess, I've only used fondant twice. I was thinking of making Jello Shots for the ice. Maybe I can find a plastic container that will hold the shots and beer so it doesn't mess up the cake. Good Idea Thanks alot 2txmedicsIt's not due until March 7th so please all the input is forsure helpful......Thanks again
I was asked to make a Ice Chest Cake, I am not sure even where to begin.How many cakes? Should I frost between each layer, and what would be better Buttercream or Fondant?And how much would you charge for a cake like this? Thanks for all the info.
Can you put rolled butter cream cakes in the fridge? The cake is actually iced with regular butter cream but I put some circles of the rolled buttercream, and was not sure if you can put it in the fridge , any input would be appreciated.