Posts by cr8zchpr

I agree a combination of all three will give you a more dynamic look instead of just one type of flower... I like all three.
I use them for lemon curd, pot o creme, creme brulee, mousses all kinds of things...
I always apply my fondant to the cake right out of the fridge. I work in an air conditioned room so the condenstion takes longer to happen. If I do develope air bubbles I use a small sharp pin to prick the fondant where you cant see it and smooth the hole while the fodant is still soft.
you sure can, I only use SMBC and most of my cakes have fondant, never had a problem (knocking on wood)
I use a basic vanilla cake receipe add the cheesecake pudding to the mixture and I take grahm crackers crush them add melted butter and sugar to make the "crust" put in fridge and once it is set I make balls out of the grahm craker and add to the mixture, I also add black cherries to mix, once they are baked I add a cherry filling and top with cream cheese icing and sprikle more grahm gracker crust on top with a cherry... one of the most popular ones i make...
make a cake with red icing, texturize it to look like carpet and write Happy Birthday diva... $35.00 for a cake doesn't give you much more of an option.
I use fresh fruit all the time and freshly made refrigerated filling with all my cakes and most are fondant covered and they go right into the refrigerator till just before delivery, but I use SMBC so this helps keep the cake in check when the butter solidifies, that and skewers and the right dowels (I use straws).
im in the process of opening up a pastry/custom cake shop in Los angeles and let me just say....Go to the Health department first, they will give you all the codes and things you need to have in your shop before they will license you. Being its a food product the list is long... I was rather lucky and found a locatin that had an existing kitchen with a hood already in it, which by the way is probably the most expensive item, but I still need to make tons of corrections....
here is the elmo onehttp://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2009/01/how-i-made-an-elmo-cake-part-1/
i used this one for my elmo cake only you have to back track to a previous post for the elmo instructions but the link is in this post...http://www.zerogravity.com.au/blog/2008/12/rani-and-elmo-cakes/