Posts by Fishercakes

Sorry, I hate to ask everyone's opinion on charging but I need help. I searched through the forum but most of the posts that may have answered my questions have been lost due to the forum crash.I recently had a bride inquire to how much I would charge for 300 chocolate covered strawberries. She attended a wedding where I made the wedding cake and the grooms cake, which had the tuxedo strawberries. She already has someone doing her cake so only wants a serving tray of...
I prefer to use the pinprick method. I usually can get great detail transfered to the cake using this method.
Don't be to hard on yourself for being inspired by everyone at CC. They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
That sounds great. Thank you both very much!
No, I don't have gold. I am looking to see what colors to mix together to reach this particular shade though.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!I have a short notice cake to do this evening for a 50th birthday party. She wants black roses and gold accents like in the attached photo. I am assuming that this was achieved using luster dust. But I do not have access to luster dust or anything like it. Any suggestions on how to get the gold look??Thanks!
WOW...that is awesome. Such detail in the wings! Great job!
I saw on here last week where some one had posted a 3 or 4 tier cake with an egyptian theme. I thought that I saved it in my photos but I cannot find it now. The tiered layers made it look like a pyramid, it also had Egytian markings on it.Does anyone else have it saved in their photos? Can you send me a link?Thanks!
How much salt do you add to the all crisco snow white buttercream?My memory is failing me TIA
Well, I am glad to see that I am not the only one with that problem. When I baked in the wonder mold it took about an hour and a half. I was shocked that it took that long.