Posts by bunnypatchbaker

Don't be embarrassed for standing up for your principles! I would never do any kind of naughty cake and I am not ashamed to say so. It is not just about money - it about do what you think is right. At the end of the day your name is going to be attached to whatever you make. I had a call from a mom who wanted me to make a naughty cake for her son's birthday. She had been a regular customer for several years. I politely told her that I did not do those kinds of cake. ...
We ran a similar program this summer at our church and one day I let the kids decoarte cupcakes with various icing colors and tips. One day I made two big batches of MMF and they colored it and made animals, flowers and figures out of it. They then took their creations home on a paper plate. On the last day I baked each child a 8x8 cake in a foil pan with a plastic lid. We then decorated the top of each cake to look like a beach scene. We crushed graham crackers for...
I always put mine in the freezer for about 15 minutes or so - that way the chocolate firms up quickly when it hits the cake.
I have an order for this weekend for a full size cake that is to be half carrot and half strawberry. They want it all iced with cream cheese frosting then decorated on the top. The design they have chosen is quite large and will cover the entire top of the full sized cake. I have never colored cream cheese frosting and am concerned if this will even work. How do the colors come out when mixed with cream cheese frosting? Would I be better off to make everything from...
thanks for all the great suggestions. Especially to those of you who really read what I wrote. She is NOT interested in a groom's cake, anything with fondant and she does not have a problem with my buttercream. She has eaten it and likes it but this is something special she wants to do for her groom.I appreciate the photos - one of them looks like it might have used this very frosting! No one wants to be trashed all over town for bad work but at the end of the day it...
The bride does not want to have a groom's cake or any other small kind of cake for this icing. It seems that this is the only thing that the groom requested for the wedding and she really wants him to have it. She is really excited about surprising him with it.I don't want to shed a bad light on my cake reputation but it is her day and her cake. She is not interested in covering it with buttercream and was very insistent that I not use any fondant on her cake. I realize...
I am doing a wedding cake soon for a bride that has very specific ideas of what she wants. She is requesting a tiered wedding cake but instead of using my own buttercream icing she wants it iced with CANNED frosting! She likes my frosting but her husband-to-be loves the canned frosting with the little candy coated chocolate chips in it. She wants to do this as a surprise for him and use that icing only on the entire wedding cake. I thinks it will be impossible to smooth...
Thanks for all the great advice. I have baked tons of cupcakes - just never assembled them into a cake before. Also the tutorial link was great - I feel better already! Thanks again!
I have never made a cupcake cake before and don't know where to start. Does anyone have some helpful hints and suggestions on what to do OR NOT to do? Thanks in advance for your help!
None of these at it - but THANKS SO MUCH for trying!!! I am so mad at myself for not putting it in my favorites! I think it was in January or February of this year. Not too long ago. I guess I have a lot of wedding cake to look through until I find it! I really appreciate all the help for all of you!