Posts by oohlalacakes

I can't believe she actually returned the cake. For one thing, that cake was plenty large enough to feed 20 people. For another, it's cake! How can you return it! Just eat the darn thing and be done with it. You only charged her $30, which is certainly reasonable. I don't understand people at all. Not to mention, I think it's adorabe. I'm not a girlie-girl, but I don't think it's too feminine at all. You did a good job, and some people are impossible to...
I've done a few tiered cakes (in my pics) and I've never used a board in between the layers. I have, however, used dowels, which as mentioned, is easy enough to do. It just gives it a bit of stability, especially if you're traveling. Good luck. Samantha
I've used mine a few times and really don't notice any difference at all. I use about four metal cores (made from tin foil) and it makes mine come out perfectly flat. I wouldn't waste my money on them again. Samantha
I'd have to agree, my Mom bought me one and although I won't tell her, I hate it. It's very unstable if you have a cake that weighs anything at all. The "features" they advertise just aren't that great, I've almost lost a couple cakes using it! Samantha
Hobby Lobby's coupon is for 50% off Wilton products.http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/weekly.cfm Samantha
I don't know what you can do for him now, especially if the outer edges are done. You could try lowering your temperature to barely 325, stick in some flower nails from every which way you can and then pray.If you have to start from scratch, make sure you have plenty of baking cores in (even if they're only made from tin foil) and bake at 325. Maybe you already did that and you're still having problems...if that's the case, then I just don't know!Good luck, let us know...
I guess I won't be getting to bed early tonight...small price to pay, I suppose. Enjoy! SamanthaCelebration CakesTen chefs, all strangers, pair up in five teams of two. For the first part of the competition, they work separately. Then, in the final two hours, the teams get to work together. Their challenge: to come up with a cake that's worthy of $10,000. Only there's a twist...and it's a big one. The competitors won't find out until minutes before the competition WHO...
Thanks to all of you for telling me what I think I already knew. Today when I was talking to them about it, it was hard to say no, but now that I think about it, it really is foolish to add one more thing to worry about. Thanks again! Samantha
I'm in the Air Force and I'm being sent to England...yeah, rough, I know. Well, I was asked if I'd still be around to do the cake for the AF Ball this year which happens to be on 15 Sep. I was planning on flying out of here on the 13th, but since they asked, I thought, I could wait until the 16th and that way I could do the cake.My friend thinks I'm crazy because for one thing, I probably won't be in my house anymore (trying to sell) and I won't have my pans and such. ...
The first of these is the only one I tried and I LOVE it. It's moist and fruity and wonderful. Basically, you can go to bettycrocker.com and put in strawberry cake or strawberries cake in the search box and a ton of them will come up...but as I said, the first one here is for a strawberries and cream cake that was wonderful. Good...