Posts by Rainbow_Moon

i'm getting ready to do a cake for a show and just wondered if you all use anything in particular for your buttercream for show cakes. i just kind of realized i don't need to add in the flavorings i normally do...right?also, do you normally cover your cake dummies with the BC first then the fondant, or do you just cover the dummy with fondant directly? of course i would cover the dummy with saran wrap first.any help would be appreciated, tia!
how funny, i didn't think of that, that Mary Alice or one of the other gals would 'report back' to the guys! now i'm a little embarrased eh, i'm sure they are having a blast and too busy with their cakes to bother with reading all these posts about how cute they are!that is what i love about this show, they just look like they love their jobs...i thought i liked my job now, but i sure don't get to have that much fun every day like they do! it reminds me of my college...
i love watching the show, i tivo it and watch them more than once to take in all the cool designs and get ideas. i loved the mendhi designs, that was just amazing! i got so frustrated watching the dinosaur disaster with the rice crispies, too.and i have to say, i'm developing a crush on geof! what do i say, i like the slightly-nerdy-artsy look, and he's so amusing!
Kim, we live here because of.........you asked for it.........Nov thru Apr!remember no snow to shovel and no steps to ice and you can go swimming in the 'winter'!now if only i could remember that as i walk to my car at 7AM when it is literally 95 degrees!
if she doesn't care about the cost maybe we can find another cc member in your area to do your cake! it sounds like a win-win to me, you get a yummy and good-looking cake cause you know us here are into that, and someone here gets a cake to do
wilton's instructions with pics:http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/lilac.cfm
amanda, do you have pics of yours in fondant? i'd love to see how that turned out.kris, i will look in my wilton books to see the apple blossom or primroses. i failed to mention, i've only taken wilton I so my flower-making skills are not the best, but i bought all the course books one day and like to try them out sometimes.the reason i'd like to do in BC is because i'll be doing EVERYTHING in Hawaii, and would like to keep everything pretty basic as far as supplies i am...
Does anyone have instructions or know how to do plumeria flowers in buttercream? I'm doing wedding cupcakes in Hawaii and would love to decorate a few special ones with plumeria if possible. I can imagine this might be fairly simple with fondant or gumpaste, but the challenge for you CC members is to do in BC...Here is a few pics to...
great job everyone in the show...awesome work, i can't wait till next year!i've posted pics of mine...i have pics of a lot of others (but didn't get all) if you want I can send whoever wants some to you or post them if you don't have pics already...
generally wedding cake slices are 1"x2" and party cake slices are 1.5"x2"...at least that is wilton's measurements...if you go to their site you can get lists of how many slices in certain pans.