Posts by nocentstar

I'd have to agree with Jen... bake and freeze. That's what I always do. I hate to wait until the day before in case something comes up, and this way I'm able to bake them in advance, wrap them really well in Suran wrap, and then freeze. It works wonders! I highly recommend this method. If you do this, you will be free to decorate Thurs or Fri!Good luck!!!
Hi everyone,Back with another question:Can you freeze a cake that you have put simple syrup on? I know it's supposed to keep it moist, but will the act of freezing it alter the chemistry or mess the cake up?Here's why I'm asking - maybe you have some other tips?I have to make a cake for next Sunday. I'm baking it at home and traveling to Baton Rouge with it where I where decorate it. It's a 3-tiered cake, so I need to start baking the layers this weekend. I was planning...
Hi there!I usually don't have much time so I opt for a boxed cake mix. I always add something to it though, like a flavoring. Butter or vanilla flavoring with choco is really good, or if you make a white cake add vanilla flavoring. It adds a little something to it I think.Enjoy!
Hi guys,I'm making a cake that needs to be brown but has white polka dots, etc. on it. I want to make a btc transfer to put on top of it for the decorations, but I'm using canned frosting and have never tried it that way before. My question is:1. Can you make a bct transfer out of canned frosting?2. If you can't, and I need to use actual btc, can I make the transfer out of that and then place it onto canned frosting? Will it look okay or stay put, etc?I've actually had...
You could also make a cake that will capture both of them without having to 'separate' them. I made one with a bct skeleton and black roses which could be used for an over the hill party. You can check it out in my pics to see what I mean. Just another idea for you! Buttercream transfers are the best!
Hi guys,Does anyone have instructions for making fondant tulips? I know it can't be hard, but I'm unsure of how exactly to do them. Any tips/help would be most appreciated!Thank you!
Hi there,First of all, breathe... (I know it's annoying to hear when you're venting, but it's worth taking a sec to take a nice deep breath. ) I can certainly see your frustation. I agree, the lady does need to call you and talk to you directly, but if she's notorious making assumptions, we can gather that she won't on this occasion either. You mentioned you spoke to your MIL and said that the woman has until Monday, but does she understand your concern? If you...
Hi guys,Ok, I did it! I made the cake with canned frosting, as is (no powdered sugar added - I know, scary huh?) and it actually turned out alright! I had to trim one edge of the cake so I had lots of crumbs, so I put a crumb coating over it, then went back over with LOTS of frosting and was able to smooth it out pretty well. I used a really long spatula, but honestly an even longer one would have been better, and gobbed on the frosting, then smoothed it out. I kept it...
Another good idea with the powdered sugar! You guys rock! Now if I do this method, I know you said it would lighten the chocolate. So do I just add small amoutns of cocoa to achieve the desired color? Will it make it bitter, or still be delicious?K, one more question: If I were to make choco bc, and it calls for butter and milk, does it then need to be refrigerated? I don't think I can fit the cake in my fridge, and I don't know what the conditions will be like at the...
Thanks guys! I'm wondering if I should just use choco bc instead. She said chocolate, so I figured I'd use plain choco, BUT I know bc smooths and so maybe choco bc would be a better choice? The funny thing is, the girl ordering it hates chocolate, but it's for her mom, so she's being sweet and giving her a choco cake. So what do you think? Try the reg choco, or just go with choco bc?