Posts by lhayes1976

I thought so--darn!  
Do you have a link to the exact kit above?  I went there, but I could only find this: Not crazy about this one.
I have searched and searched the web for this Disney Princess Castle Kit, I have a feeling it's no longer available. Does anyone know if this is for sale online anywhere?
I made the gumpaste last night. I colored it with Wilton and let it sit overnight. This morning I got my nerve up and started to practice on the Cricut with my uncolored gumpaste. I actually got it to roll very thin in the pasta machine and after trial and error came up with the settings that worked for me.Blade-4Speed-1Pressure-3.Thought I had it licked until I started to use my colored gumpaste. It was so much more sticky than the plain white GP. Could not get it roll...
Darn, I wouldn't use it enough to justify buying a KA. Is it possible to get it thin enough rolling by hand?
Darn, I wouldn't use it enough to justify buying a KA. Is it possible to get it thin enough rolling by hand?
I have the Baby Cricut, and the deep cut blade. I am going to attempt to make some cuts this weekend. I am going to use the gumpaste recipe that was posted Tobias. My big concern is rolling it out on my pasta machine, I have the shiny metal one that clamps to your table top. I tried rolling gumpate out in this one time and let me say it wasn't pretty. It stuck everywhere. I thought I would never get the pasta machine clean. I haven't tried since. How can I keep...
Is it difficult to cover the Wilton Sports Ball with buttercream? I'm going to do 1/2 pan and make a Mickey Mouse Hat cake. I do not like fondant, but I am worried about getting the buttercream smooth on a ball shaped caked. Is there a trick or tip that would help?
Has anyone used their Cricut for a Valentine stencil. I can't seem to find a suitable one. What cartridges have you used? I do have Sure Cuts Alot, but it's on a computer that I have loaned to my DD, so that's out of the question right now. I have several cartridges, so I might have one that will work. Any suggestions?
I've used the Hershey recipe many times for regulare cakes, decided to try it for cupcakes and OMG it worked. They are just about perfect. If I could only figure out a way to get them in the pan without such a mess. I've tried so many vanilla recipes and they are either too dry or too greasy. For now, I'm going to stick to doctored mixes for my white and yellow cakes. I can at least claim my chocolates are from scratch. It's a start.