Posts by vdessis

Hi,   A client has asked me to make a pull-apart cupcake for a child's birthday party later this month. She asked for 2 dozens and should be aligned in the shape of any My Little Ponnies character. How do I determine the pricing for said request? I usually charge $24/dozen cupcakes.
Has anyone tried Starbuck's snowman cookie? Its a shortbread cookie decorated with chocolate. I want to try something similar for Christmas but am unsure how to go about the chocolate icing. Is it some sort of chocolate royal icing or glaze icing that is put on the cookie?
This past week, I've made 3 batches of Merken's white choc candy clay that have crumbled upon kneading. I do 1lb of chocolate per 1/3 cup of corn syrup. This does not happen with the Merkens milk chocolate batch. What is going?
This past week, I've made 3 batches of Merken's white choc candy clay that have crumbled upon kneading. I do 1lb of chocolate per 1/3 cup of corn syrup. This does not happen with the Merkens milk chocolate batch. What is going? Is there some other white  choc brand I can use for this recipe? I need some SOS right now because I have a birthday cake due saturday and the kid's mom asked for edible chocolate animal toppers?
Hi,   Confused! Do I use an 11x15 or 12x18 sheet pan for a male torso cake? Its for a bachelorette party that is expected to have at least 30 guests, and I want to make sure that even after carving the cake will serve enough for the small party.
Decorated baked goods can be frozen between 2-3 weeks, or undecorated?  
Hi,   I've been asked to bake cake pops and cupcakes for a baby shower that is expected to have at least 80-100 guests in attendance. The event is on Aug. 24th. How many should I bake? And how far in advance should I do them, i.e. bake and freeze at least 2 weeks or more?   Thanks!