Posts by CIcerolover

I am actually. I can make a mean scratch made crossaint, and puff pasteries. I'm all about pies and other baked goods. I've made gummies before! Cakes have not really caught my attention. You do bring up a good point. The only thing I have to say is that my budget is super small. If I can shave a few hundred by making my own cake then so be it. I am determined, and I can teach myself anything if given adequate time. And I have a cricut cake machine that will cut out...
I am actually. I can make a mean scratch made crossaint, and puff pasteries. I'm all about pies and other baked goods. I've made gummies before! Cakes have not really caught my attention. You do bring up a good point. The only thing I have to say is that my budget is super small. If I can shave a few hundred by making my own cake then so be it. I am determined, and I can teach myself anything if given adequate time. And I have a cricut cake machine that will cut out...
I have no idea why it wouldn't work. I'll spare you the details on where gelatin comes from, chances are you may not want to eat it after I tell you (I don't care I love jello). Suffice it to say gelatin at that point is a chemical, organic in nature but the fact that one is kosher beyond another shouldn't make it any different from regular gelatin. Depending on the recipe one should start with cold water, add the gelatin and then gently heat it up until it turns clear....
Gah! I forgot about that! Yes my recipe did include gelatin! It's nice to know someone out there is with me on the marshmallow front. I don't care either way but I'm not paying a premium for something I can't get readily avaliable Yes, I am using 2'' pans, I did stack them, maybe the layers fell? I'm not sure if Crisco is kosher or not. It's vegetable shortening so yes, yes it's kosher. Is it 'kosher' like certified kosher, idk, but I do know of brands of vegetable...
So I've got my wedding coming up here in January. The big DIY project I'm doing is my wedding cake. I've done fussy pastries before, but OMG!!! Fondant... All I want is a white cake, with royal blue ribbon trim and few snowflakes stuck to it. Maybe a winter Reindeer or two.. I know well enough to get some practice in before the big event. But fondant...Let me tell you about fondant.... So, here's what happened to me. I grab my nice home made fondant. Nothing fancy,...
Hi everyone, I'm new here on the forums, well I've been poking around but I finally joined because I have many questions that I can't seem to find. Firstly I'll just say right now that I am not new to baking. I have a crossaint recipe that's absolutely insane, but cake decorating, or more like cake construction is not something I've ever really gone into. Even though it's something that I've grown up with. (No kidding, my mother has been decorating cakes since the...