Posts by cakindiva

This is a great post! Question.. I'm making a 3d purse and wanted to try ganache method was wondering how hard is it to cut the ganache is it like trying to cut through a chocolate bar?
Hey all.... your support has been tremendous.... after explaining to the bride everything I did and told her i also had pics of the cake she replied with new claims stating the cake was leaning (although my pics suggest otherwise)... it was just too much to deal with.... I prayed about it and decided to leave it alone.. it was $250 and if I went to court I knew I would win but I had an unexpected death in the family and had too much going on to waste time on going back and...
Over 150 servings 10% off..... balance owed $250.... she paid $550
Update..so I told the bride I understand your concerns please bring the cake back so I may evaluate it since now we're going on heresy ....she replies "the servers at the hall threw it away but it really wasn't done... I didn't have any but my husband says so too" My aunt wants half of her money back since she paid....lmbo seriously????? Ok so half of the cake to feed 40 (that's 20) was served and determined to be not good..... and u want a refund of half of the entire...
Thank you all soo much I'm relatively new to the wedding game but the cake was indeed nice - the bride mentioned that she in fact didnt taste the cake herself but has more home (i know she had left overs because guests left before all the cake was served 4 hours into the reception!!!) But evenif she does return the cake - 2 days of a cake bring out after it has been cut will dry it out regardless!   Funny, because she has given me several excuses prior to the wedding...
Hey - I did a fabulous cake for a bride 6 tiers each tier a different flavor. Bride paid most of the cake and since I knew her I agreed to have her pay me the balance the following Monday...   On Monday I get a call from the bride saying some people (3 or 4) complained to her that one of the flavors were "dry" and someone said it was "undone".. This was interesting to me because I leveled the cakes and had left over none of which tasted dry or undone - also the...