Posts by morganchampagne

Mhmm. Agree 100%
I just wrote a blog post about stuff like this. Cheaper is not always better!!! Qualified professionals will want to be compensated for their work. What a mess!!! That's the worst I've heard I think
I use 3 layers around 1.5" tall so my tiers are closer to 5" than 4, just to give you an idea of the different ways people do it
Off topic I apologize....but how was the show?
If the pans are 2" high. Then you would use 2 pans to make a tier. Stacked it would be about 4" high
I use Swans Down, but that's just because that's what's available here. I've heard good things about Soft a Silk. I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you're happy with your current cake flour I would stick with it
I was baking this yellow cake and just had a thought! Wondering if those who don't like the cake did these two things! 1) Did NOT weigh ingredients 2) Used SALTED butter instead UNSALTED 3) Did NOT use room temp ingredients That ended up being 3, but these are things I have done that have affected texture in the past
Or, if you don't have the experience don't do the cake. There's no reason to under charge. If you can't do it you can't do it. But the answer is NOT to over charge. Pass her along to someone who can do it and charge appropriately
There are toooooooons lol. Good luck!
You can buy brooch molds for fondant