Posts by iceprincess726

That's all she stated about the cake! No more details, except she thought a blind person made it. But thanks.
Advice needed!- I made a birthday cake for a friend of a friend situation (I've never met this girl, my husband actually delivered her cake for me), anyways, she wrote me a pretty nasty e-mail tonight stating she wants a full refund because...& I quote!: "I was not aware your husband would be delivering, and you gave me no contact info for him. While I waited in the POURING rain, he was FIFTEEN minutes late, therefore ruining my hair and makeup. And to make it worse,...
I store all of my pieces on a bakers rack, inside, in the bakery I work in. I'm thinking maybe I should store them completely out in the open, as opposed to covering them at night with a rack cover? I want to be taken seriously in this business, and am finding that quite difficult because I am very young as compared to most other bakers I encounter (I usually hear "did you start decorating cakes when you were a baby?! True story.) so when things like this happen to me I...
I ONLY color buttercream with airbrush color, a few drops is usually enough. Americolor! I have a ton of gel color and a ton of airbrush color, but never use the gels. For some reason I feel the airbrush colors blend a lot nicer for me. Also, if you have a high speed beater, put the buttercream in and add about a teaspoon of warm water, and beat on a low to medium speed for about 30 seconds, then add color. I feel the buttercream is smoother and holds color better! Hope...
Hi! I am relatively new to the business, but have been promoted to head decorator for a VERY busy bakery. I have a lot of experience with fondant, & actually prefer working in fondant rather than buttercream, but today I was setting up a very large wedding cake I had put my heart and soul into. The fondant flowers were quite large, about 4 inches or so, airbrushed and beautiful, in my bakery...& then when placed on the cake, they completely crumbled. I was on the verge...