Posts by BakerBee7468

I agree, no matter how many orders a customer has or will make you can not let them treat you any kind of way because of it. you have to have ground rules regardless of who they are, and you can't be afraid to loose their business. Customers can easily take their business elsewhere no matter what you've done for them in the past. Be straight with them and if you lose the customer so be it. if you let them do this now, they'll only continue to think they can pay whenever...
LOL Or that you have to have your lawn no longer  or shorter than a certain length or some nonsense.
True enough, Though i guess it depends on whether any of your information is listed in the phone book or online and whether or not you live in a house or an apartment complex and the size of the complex and whether or not it's a secured complex. I would think for those that live in large complexes that they still may have some sense of privacy. People's address's don't always list apartment number, and if it's a secured complex or gated community where you need a key or...
That's interesting. While nothing has been said about not allowing people to come to one's home Ohio's website doesnt go to in depth I've noticed about all that you can and can not do aside from the basics. It's entirely possible for a state to not allow people to come to your house since laws vary so widely from state to state and even city to city.  I've been thinking it would be easy enough to meet at a local coffee shop or something.
Yes I know, thanks. I lucked out on living in a state that isn't as strict as other states.
I live in ohio. I'm not comfortable with ppl coming to my home, another reason I wanted a separate workspace is so that I can have in person meetings with people. I have put a lot of thought into having the initial meetings at places like coffee shops and just having them pick up at the same place, but I dunno. I'm very analytical so I tend to over think things...
Thanks, there are several things not addressed on my state's website. It doesn't say how often health inspections occur. With commercial places I just thought they would show up at random times with no notice of when they were coming or give little notice like a day or maybe a few hrs. With home bakers I don't know, the license is only valid through September of every yr here so I'm sure an inspection every time you want it renewed and whenever other times they'll give it....
Peanut butter gets really oily and starts to separate in warm temperatures. i don't know the conditions of where you are but also since you put them in a cake carrier where there is no air flow, that's another reason why they're sticky.  If you live in a humid area you may also have to adjust your recipe to reflect that. A few options you could try for next time, if you want to make the cupcakes in advance you can do that and then store them unfrosted in an airtight...
Thanks everyone for the input, please continue with your thoughts....
In my state people don't need a license if they are sell non hazardous foods, which is anything that doesnt need to be refrigerated or need any kind of temperature control and is shelf stable, such as cookies, popcorn etc. Also people can't sell anything outside of my state without a license, so even non hazardous foods can't be sold without a license if the person wanted to sell those foods online. If i wanted to sell at stores, farmers markets then i would also need to...