Posts by cookie-baerbel

I would mix some white modeling chocolate with fondant. maybe 50:50... if you have to cover such difficult areas like the legs or the neck with those small corners and cavities, it´s more forgiving. It doesn´t tear as easily and even if it tears, with the choclate in it you can fix cracks by warming the choclate-fondant-mixture with your fingertips and blend to pieces together. you won´t be able to tell that there were cracks at all. with pure fondant this might be harder...
I also would use choc-fondant to start with. if you don´t want to need all the color in, try painting it afterwards. then you need less paste and the bitter taste is not that strong. like cazza1 said, you could airbrush it. if you don´t have one, you could by some of those cosmetic sponges that are ment for applying liquid make up and use this to paint with your (wodka diluted) gel-paste. the sponges are so soft and fine that you should not get a streeky look. I tried...
thanks a 1000000 times. i was always ending up with too much ganache and you ended this waste. how lovely of you to share this (btw beautiful designed) exel sheet.
do you have a petal tip? if so, it´s really easy to make ruffles. you just need to make your frosting stiff enough. for that you can use "whip it" from dr. oetker or just put some cornstarch and powdered sugar (as far as i know those are the basic ingredients of whip it...) into your whiped cream. if the frosting holds its shape, you just put the bigger end of the tip towards the cake and the thinner one outside. then just move the tip up and down (or forwards and...
i made one from a 12 x 15 sheet cake ( german oven size)   and did the neck of the guitar in cake also. that gave me round about 65 servings. it was only like 3 inch high. maybe if you make it taller, they could cut smaller pieces and you get more servings?
Hey Wendy,   i used cake for the neck of my guitar, because i did use a sheetcake and then just cut the body of the guitar out. that left me with a rest of cake with the length of my baking tray. perfect size for the neck. you need to make the cake neck thinner (more slim) than you think, so that with the extra frosting and fondant the neck does not get to thick. it just won´t look right then. if you want a I can draw you a little sketch for cutting and send it...