Posts by suvimaal

yeah i want to make it simillar to the cake in pic. thats what my frnd send me to do the cake simillar to tht one.it was the only twilight themed cake he liked after we googled. @KathleenC yes i think 2D shaped wud be much  better choice too. i wud have ordered it from online if i got the cake concept before. or i shud make something which is easier than chess pieces. @dawnybird yeah it woukd be better idea too. to make molds myself with silicone . got only one week to do. 
I I need to do a twilight themed cake for a frnd of mine.but i dont have any chess piece molds yet. i got one week to do the cake.next 6th is his b'day. i cant even order a chess mold from Ebay or amazon cause i live in Sri Lanka It takes more than one week to receive the stuff we order always. please suggest me a way to make chess pieces by myself. i'm really scared of this now. even rite nw 2.30am i'm still awake. really needs help for this cake.Friends, please...
I'm from Colombo.Here we cant find vegetable shortenings.if we do we have to buy it from online and wait til it comes to here.so its really dificult.so anyone got any idea for making white buttercream icing.i've done swiss meringue buttercream most of the time.but it makes light yellowish look.when we make red velvet cake its not really bright looking like shortening used buttercream.i bought Wilton White White colour to lighten the icing but it doesnt make big different...
omg this is really lovely cake.did u use fondant or only the buttercream for covering ?
yeah it was like too much dried. my recipe was  1 Tbsp of unflavored gelatin 1/4 cup of cold water 1 tsp of Vanilla extract (i used usual Vanilla in brown,cause i was gonna color fondant with Different Colors) 1/2 cup of Liquid Glucose  1 Tbsp of glycerin (some recipes say it’s optional, believe me, it’s a must) 900 g of confectioners sugar 1/2 tsp Margerine (Substitute for vegetable shortenings since its unavailable)   I don't know maybe it was dried...
Tomorrow i had to make a b'day cake for one of my friend.so yesterday i made a normal Fondant Dough.i have done fondant few times before.but its not huge batch of 2 lbs.this is the 1st time i kneaded 2 lbs of icing sugar.i did everything according to my usual recipe of gelatin iced water liquid glucose and glycerin.i made a well shaped area inside icing sugar bawl and poured all mixture in to the icing sugar bowl and started kneading all mix together with a wooden...
thanx @enga. i think this is it.
Can Anyone tel me how to do butter cream in two colours gradient while doing frosting like this.i really need help next week i have to make a cake for my sister in blue and pink. this is just a cupcake.i wanna do a buttercream frosting 
thanx  gbbaker and  denetteb most of the time i run a knife around the edges of pan too.it helps to loosed the frim edges.i'm using parchment papers under the pan.yes freezing it makes less crubmle. but every time i frezze it looses the softness when it has in the room temperature.i think i shud use the Rack to upside down as denetteb sujjested.thanks soo much.
and i always use same recepie.for 1kg cake 250butter 250 flour 250 sugar and 4 eggs.also vanilla and abt 2 and half teaspoons of baking powder