Posts by ammcats

I would definately do this. I made a fruit cake in August for a November wedding, wrapped in parchment and tInfoil, fed every two weeks with just a spray of Brandy. Yum. It was beautiful.
K8, I just HAVE TO SAY IT, (cause I say it out loud a lot to my computer), Your enthusiasm never ceases to amaze me, I get the impression that your brain runs at a hundred miles an hour and there will never be enough time on this earth for you to finish everything!
My mum swears by "listening". Put your ear near the cake when you think it is done. If it "sings" it still needs more cooking. Often times very hard to tell with fruit cake. Have just cut into wedding cake made in July that had stopped singing, it was absolutely perfect. you will know immediately what is meant by singing when you hear it, so I would suggest you listen for it before you know they're done so you'll know when it stops. Just be careful not to burn your...
Lol, because alcohol makes you hungry. Don't think it actually affects cake size at all, but then again, things could be different in America
..mm.. I see what you mean. I wonder if it has something to do with how the recipe is loaded in the first place? I scrolled down to the 5 Halloween treats recipe for example, and the favourite button was there. I'm certainly not technical either, just throwing out some ideas. Having never loaded a recipe, do you have the option of excluding a favourites button?
Hi there, can you give a specific example? I have just been to the recipes page, and clicking on each of the first few recipes I could see the favourites heart at the bottom.
Try marvelousmolds.com for lace type molds, not sure if they have exact ones as above, but good starting point
Wow, have just had a look at that listing. Total knock off of sugarveil, they even show how to use, using sugarveil instructions! I wouldn't try fondant in those, too fine by the looks of the patterns.
What about doing two 9" as a tall cake with a 6" on top?.
You've just about convince me to try this homemade marzipan. Would you mind sharing your recipe please? I'm willing to try new things all the time. Many thanks