Posts by lynne7583

Yes I was running out of buttercream and I mixed what left I had with DH Whipped frosting to do the borders at the base of the cake and at the top of it. The top slide. I never tried meringue powder. I will try next time. Yes I had a feeling it could have been the condensation. 
1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup butter: 4cups sugar
High ratio
It was my first time using HR Buttercream and the taste was delish. I used MMF decorations over the buttercream. All was good until I took it out the freezer this morning and set it out for the party.About two hours later I go back too check and the black fondant is bleeding on top the white buttercream.    Ok not a big deal, its a cake amongst family.   Then about another hour later, the icing begins too separate from the cake. Literally detach from the cake. Then I...
So using half butter really serves no tasteful purpose?
This will be my first time using it. In the past I have used 1/2 cup crisco 1/2 cup butter 4 cups powder sugar.    Should I use all High Ratio in my buttercream or HR and Butter? What are the differences in your opinion? Would my buttercream crust just using HR? 
For 40 cupcakes with buttercream tops?
Thanks everyone
Thanks. Where can i find that? My cake supply store?
What is contact?