Posts by Embles

This!!! My husband has type 1 diabetes and was diagnosed at 15 yrs old, I agree that diabetic choc etc can have a laxative effect, my hubby now avoids anything like this. We do the same a niniel1, if my husband wants to scoff sone cake then he will, he will manage his levels with insulin and balanced meals. Sometimes its nice to have a naughty treat and tge diabetic stuff some how takes the naughty out of it. I do think its brilliant that cake makers work so hard to...
Currys and littlewoods are doing a kenwood prospero foe 169 quid at the mox
My spelling is atrocious. Touch phone and nit enough proof reading lol
I think they do exist but I havent hot a clue best do some googling ha There are diff types of gum trag and sometimes tylose powder. The synthetic one works more or less straight away and dies give yiu alot less time cis it starts drying out in contact with air. Work some in and wrap the fondant in cling film if ut dries out too much then you can add a smidge if trex (veg fat tescos do it) and it loosens back up again. Once youve got the basic shape and it sets u vould...
Yes it wont let me say im from ess ex ha ha. Hungary greek - I am uk baded and have a cake shop in the next town I always by fondant from tescos in a 1 kilo pack and then colour it (unless I want a really bright colour and then ikl buy pre coloured) the pots of tylose ir gum trag are about 2 quid and you only need a coupke of pinches. If its a tiara you could just drape it over a 2ltr bottle of coke layibg down and it would dry like that and wouldnt need to stand up...
Do whatever you feel more comfy with you know what you gind eadier to work with. Sre you wanting a round crown or galf tiara type thing? With either if you cut thin but not oaper thin then it will stand up without falling over. Gum trag is powder ygat you kneed into fondant and it makes it act like tge stuff tgey make sugar flowers from. If you kneed in a couple of teaspoons to pre made or home made fondant it will make it harden up really quickly, if you stand it round...
I would scrap the royal icing mate (im in es***). My advice if itd a tiara that will stand on top of the cake? Go buy fondant and gum trag. What you can do is add the gum trag to the fondant design it in a flat surface do the cut out bits etc and then stand it and support it round something round standing up abd keave it to dry. What the gum trag dies is nake the fondant det hard. I find it much eadier to work with than royal ivibg mine never cones awsy from the...
Rubbish isnt it? Mine was tummy so I feek fine while im sitting but cant stand for mor than 10 mins bloody annoying.I hope ur not intoo much pain mate its rubbish being poorly
They are beautiful. They seem to be layered colours thats what I was thinking, itll maybe stop the blavk/white/purpke and bring it tigeyher more. God ur cakes are lovelyx
Can you stage the colours so deep purple/lavender/ivory petals so for exampke start really deep purple flowers at the bittom with the dark choc ganache and as you move upwards to the white choc do deeper petals on the outside moving to lighter and lighter. It might make the colours seem less harsh?