Posts by katisaurous

Hi everyone, So I haven't worked with gum paste very much but I am trying to make a Minnie Mouse cake and I need to make her ears and bow. I plan to make them a couple of days before I place them on the cake but about how long will they actually take to dry and if I let them sit out to long with they end up having that elephant skin pattern on them. One last thing abou how thick would you make the ears? Thanks so much in advance
Thank you so much dayti and savannahquinn! Those are both great suggestions ill definitely check it out!
Hi everyone, I am trying to make this cake for my friends birthday and I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I have made many cakes before but have never come across anything quite like this. Please give me any help/advice you can so i can make this cake possible. I really just need help with figuring out what medium to use when making the rose petals and how to get the fondant to stay in place (so the petals don't look droopy and sad) Thanks so much in...