Posts by kellypapa

Live and learn... thanks for your input!  
The recipe is...   1 C whole milk 2 Tbsp. cornstarch 1/3 C sugar 1 tsp vanilla 2 oz finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate 1 egg   *Edited to remove mixing instructions.
I just replied with the recipe... it's being held for moderation bc I'm new to the site.  I forgot to add that the recipe didn't say to refrigerate until serving, or refrigerate any leftovers, so I didn't even think about it until just now.  I'm serving to co-workers today... it's cold now, but want to be sure the filling didn't spoil over the past day and a half. 
1 cup whole milk 1/3 cup sugar 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 large egg 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped     Make the filling: Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and egg in a medium heatproof bowl until smooth. Gradually whisk half of the hot milk into the sugar mixture, then return to the pan with the remaining milk. Reduce the heat to medium low and...
I am new to cake baking... I made a Chocolate Blackout Cake that has egg and milk in the filling.  I didn't refrigerate after completing the cake.  It was kept cool, but not cold.  Is it ok to serve??