Posts by sweetheart1978

Can anyone suggest a good frosting for piping please? i'm having trouble with finding the right consistency
Hi there. I have been looking high and low for sparkly edible glitter to sprinkle over my fresh cream and buttercreamed cakes. I purchased some glitter but it resembled sand more then anything and didnt even sparkle . The glitter i'm looking for is very fine and extremly sparkly, looks beautiful when sprinkled on cakes. If anyone knows of a particular brand and where i can purchase it then i'd love to hear from you. I live in the UK if that helps.   Thank you xxxxxx
Great! Thank you SweetSinsationz
Hi there! A while back i mentioned that i would be making a MAC make-up cake, this was my very 1st attempt, its a 12 inch cake.
Hi there. I'm new to making sheet cakes. I wanted to find out if a normal cake mixture can be used in making sheet cakes please
Has anyone tried this buttercream recipe? and as for the sugar in the recipe, is that powdered sugar?
is this mixture still stiff enough to pipe buttercream roses on cupcakes plz?
I got some great advice on toppers the same as yours from CC. I use Renshaws fondant and add some tylose powder to it to make it firmer, then cut out the discs and add toppings onto that. I usually put the toppers straight onto swirled buttercream and they don't become soft, they stay well supported thanks to the tylose. I even keep the in the fridge for a while before serving and they stay perfect, Hope that helps.
Such a beautiful cake and amazing roses! i love the two-tone colour on the roses. How did u achieve that effect if you don't mind me asking? i'm new to making roses and will be making a cake with rose decor very soon
i only used butter and powdered sugar to make the buttercream, i didn't add any other flavourings, only the food colouring.