Posts by Leishira

Oh yeah, we also torte our cakes in to three, and we almost always use ganache on cakes and buttercream on cupcakes. 
Thanks so much cutiepiecupcake, that's exactly the type of system I have been trying to use. What you've said is extremely informative.    I find it difficult to estimate the cost of the use of utilities like, gas, water, electricity etc. I'm also finding that we put so much time into our cakes, there are hours and hours of prep before we even start baking, and we pretty much end up charging only to get back a little after cost. I think I need to sit down again and...
Just wondering how Australians work out pricing for their cakes.   Is it a combination of making back the cost of all your ingredients, then adding on labour?   Do you have a standard per slice, type of system?   I'm just starting out charging for friends of friends and I am finding it difficult to work out how best to price. I don't want to over/undercharge, and want to know that I'm getting what is reasonable for the time and effort that goes in to each...
Thanks so much for the tips everyone. By God's Mercy everything turned out okay in the end, and they client was so happy. He rang to thank us and his partner sent us a really sweet thank you note.   It really looked like it would not be salvageable, however we decided to move the cake in to our air conditioned living room, and it slowly dried out, we then got rid of the air bubbles as best we could, and added all our other pieces. It was no where near what we wanted...
Thank you. :)
Thank you for the reply and sympathy IAmPamCakes, it is quite heartbreaking yes!   I'm afraid of putting it in the fridge because I have already covered it with fondant. Do you think that if I refrigerate it, it will again sweat and melt when taken back out later on?
I have a cake that is due in a few hours, and it is a complete disaster. I don't know what to do, this has never happened before. This is for my first paying customer too!   I had my cake torted and ganached it was completely straight all around. I had it in the fridge to set the ganache, now after having covered it with fondant, the fondant sweated, and has pretty much melted, air bubbles have formed everywhere, and it appears as though the lovely ganache underneath...