Posts by HannahNannahs

I am very happy to report that I did one last cake and all the ruffles stayed on!! What a relief!  I'm not sure what did the trick but here are the things that I changed.  I added corn syrup to the buttercream.  I crumb coated the cake but I started adding ruffles immediately before it had time to form a crust.  I used a size 12 tip and made a ledge under each round of ruffles so they had something to rest on.  I also made sure the tip was pressed into the cake.  Thanks...
Thanks, I am giving one last try.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks Chaka1, I watched the video but my cake is ruffles from top to bottom - not sure if that makes a difference or not.  I will try holding the tip closer.  To me this is the major problem, it just doesn't seem like enough of the ruffle is resting on the cake.  It seems like there is an air pocket under the ruffle so eventually gravity just pulls it off.  I'm doing one last attempt today.  I'm going to work on the consistency and holding the tip closer.  Keep your...
Thanks, I will change up the buttercream and see how it turns out.  I have tried it twice already.  The first time I added meringue powder because I thought it probably needed to crust to hold its shape better.  The second time I left out the meringue powder and added less powdered sugar.  You are so right, it was too wet and I went back and added more powdered sugar and 1 TBSP. of corn syrup.  The cake looked beautiful but it only lasted about 3 hours until the ruffles...
Help!  I am using tip 070 to pipe buttercream ruffles but after a couple of hours the ruffles fall off.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions of how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.  I have a 3 tiered anniversary cake due in 5 days and can't seem to solve this.  Thanks for any advise.