Posts by TashiaBrown

Some of my most rewarding customers are under the age of 15! they get really excited about there birthday and subsequetly the cake!  
Ok all y'all cake genius out there I am making an "angry birds" cake this weekend and i was looking for some structure advice. I was planning on building the sling shot out of wire and building my gumpaste design around it?
Thank y'all all for the help. I will try increasing the shortening and the flavoring.. maybe I can turn bland sand into a really good cake :)  
Hey Y'all, I have been making cakes for a little over a year and am making the transition from "semi-homemade" cakes to scratch cake. I found what I thought was the perfect white cake (white almond) but it is exactly that it is a slightly dense cake with very little flavor. It has some good points it's light and takes to just about any flavoring and filling but alone it sucks! I have a lot of requests for white cake with butter cream filling and this cake is just not...
I found the cakeulater but that is the only one. I have not been able to try it yet though BC apparently it takes 48 hours for Google wallet to verify our account when u buy a new device. I would love to know about any others that u know of.
I just purchased my first tablet!!! Go me!! LOL and I am looking for apps that will help with calculating servings, the amount of fondant needed to cover a cake and also the total price. I have found several for apple but no Android apps. I dont know if i'm just not searching for the right thing or if there just isnt anything out there! Does anyone use/know of any Android apps that do this? Please let me know!
I was wondering if this app was ever designed. I'll looking for an android app to help with cake design. I can draw them out but it takes FOREVER and I would love to have an app that i can sketch the design attach it to an e-mail along with a price quote and send it to a customer right from my Google nexus  
I am making a cake this weekend and was thinking of using a "cookie royal" to pipe the Mario character on to parchment then put it on the cake after the cake is decorated. I am just worried about the royal melting. I do use a little different recipe than most as I add cream of tarter to my cookie royal to help it harden in our humid environment (south Louisiana) I know someone out there has to have tried this before please let me know if it worked for you or it there are...