Posts by mumto3madboys

hi there     i was just wondering which food paste colours or which ready coloured fondant would give me a nice royal blue colour?    thanks in advance for any advise given xx
haha! not only do i have mad boys i do have a entire mad family!!!!   i do apologise i didn't know that using capitals was "shouting" on forums as i have only been on this forum. usually i do only use lower case but if my son has been on the laptop for whatever reason he likes to use capitals!    and thanks for the advise about the meri white! xx
HI THERE   I AM UNDERSTANDING RIGHT THAT MERI WHITE AND MERINGUE POWDER ARE THE SAME THING?   THANKS
hello there everyone!   I have just made a chocolate cake in two 7” round cake tins. But although I love the taste it is too soft! What is the best way to adapt it without compromising/changing the taste too much?!   Would I remove an egg and some of the butter to say 2 large eggs and 225g butter so the butter matches the same amount of sugar? If I understand correctly if I remove an egg it will help make the cake a little bit more denser but wasn’t sure about...
hi there   if you get the recipe you want on the screen then left click on your mouse it should come up with a few options "print" should hopefully be on there!!    hope this helps xxxx
  when i have tried other chocolate cake recipes with real chocolate my cakes too did crack on the top but when i have just used cocoa powder they didn't?! not sure why!  i usually just add my milk in with my eggs then make sure that it is mixed in well then i will add all the flour but just fold it in and mix with a silicone spatula not mix it with a hand or tabletop mixer.    i am thinking that maybe with real chocolate recipes we might be better using smaller amounts...
hi there   here is one for you to try,   6” square or 7” round (mixture divided in 2 tins)   225g self rasing four  225g butter 3 large eggs 225g golden caster sugar 4 tbsp buttermilk 2 tsp vanilla extract 100g - 150g milk chocolate dependant on how chocolatey you want it!   this mixture is to be divided between 2 cake tins!   Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Base line, grease and flour your cake tins.  melt the chocolate in the...
 I have a recipe which i love for a sponge cake and would like to use it as my to go recipe. i have only used it in 2 7" round pans for the recipe which are about 2" deep and the cake, when cooked is perfect in every way although it doesn't rise massively. i do use 4 layers to one cake! so when i have filled, layered and crumb coated my cake it's just right. and i have some leftovers for cake pops!!!   what i really want to know is what is the best way to work out...
not sure if it would work but what about something like him/ his back leaning against a wall and his legs out in front of him  , so you would have something that was at the back supporting him as well as a base but covered in fondant?! not sure how you would get the "wall" and base to be connected though. i have never attempted something like that but have seen them in completed form on various cake programmes where there is a wall/back piece!   hope it makes sense! 
I use half butter and half shortening as i find the consistency and taste with choice of flavouring just right for filling and spreading and eating!!!