Posts by lvtig1

I just made Indy Debi's recipe and added Lorann's Lemon oil to taste. OMG.  Tastes like lemonade.  I want to eat the whole bowl.  Here is Indy Debi's recipe. http://cakecentral.com/recipe/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing
thanks for asking.  The pictures are posted on this thread.  It tasted YUMMY and was a great success.  Who knew after all my "issues"!!  Thanks for everyone's help. http://cakecentral.com/t/755528/another-day-need-more-advice-wedding-cake-batter-mess/30  If you click on the pictures, they enlarge.  Not perfect, but not bad for a first cake, I think.  Also, the middle cake shows the filling area in the picture, but to the naked eye it appeared smooth white.
Thanks for everyone's tips.  No worries about 'taking over the thread'.  LOL.  All of the tips and questions HELP each other.  I figured out that adding and/or subtracting powdered sugar and/or the fats makes all the difference in the crusting, not crusting or too crusting. I do love the mock sugarshack as soon as I figured this trick out.  It was light and fluffy and so yummy.  I still had the grainy texture, but not as much after sifting the PS.  I did use C & H for...
Can I post pictures of the veil with the bride and the groom?  (side view)  The rules say no actual people in the picture.  Will I get in big trouble?
I wanted to reiterate that the WASC recipe was the best choice, I believe, and thank you for encouraging me to continue with it.  After the overflowing mess, I was afraid to go forward with so many layers left to bake.  I made each layer twice, so 6 recipes (only have one pan of each size) and following advice on here, I cooked only one layer at a time and carefully watched it.  No more fiasco after the first one!  The taste of the WASC was wonderful, especially using...
Well, I do feel better knowing it was the camera!  Yeah!  thanks for all the compliments.  Like I said, I am in awe for those of you that do this all the time.  I had NO idea how much effort it would take.  Baking cakes?  How hard could it be?  Well, I sure know otherwise, now. And of course with my panicky requests for HELP here, you KNOW it was not an easy ordeal for me.   I bow down to each and everyone of you that do this all the time.  It is truly an artistic gift...
Thank you, Denettbe and cazza1.  The doweling worked perfectly.  Nothing budged after a 20 mile ride with lots of twists and turns.  I had attached the whole cake to the board with lots of double sided tape, then dowels on each level and three bamboo skewers through all layers.  Whew!  I really do appreciate and totally understand the bakers that do this all the time and WHY they charge so much for a wedding cake!  I wouldn't do it again for then than double the going...
Looks like if you click on the picture you get a bigger view.  
Thanks to all of you, the cake turned out fabulous!  People raved and raved about the taste, too!  I wish I would have made more of the chocolate with the Oreo filling, as that is the one that people wanted seconds of and asked for the recipe!  I was so pleased how it turned out (for a rookie, at least).  I was going to include the veil picture, but the rules say no people photos.  I will see if I can crop a segment later.     Again, Thank you from the bottom of my...