Posts by daniela23

Hello,   I am currently in the process of opening my own cake shop. It is fairly small in size and I had a lot of the same questions a few years ago, prior to working in the industry. I have worked for 2 cake companies and I've learned a lot of what not to do. To answer a few of your questions, I prefer to bake from scratch as well and I find that offering a variety of flavors is always good. However for my business a lot of the cakes start off with the similar...
I've been searching everywhere for a simple answer to a simple question. I've heard many people store there fondant covered cakes in the fridge (especially tiered wedding cakes). However, I want to know that if the buttercream/filling does not need to be refrigerated can you leave a tiered fondant cake out at room temperature? Will the cake start to deform at all??? I am to scared to try it myself but my initial feeling tells me its fine to leave them out?
In the past I have always froze my cakes after filling them and crumb coating with with swiss butter cream. I would then cover them with fondant and stack them (if they were multi-layered and put them in the fridge). Depending on the fridge temperature, this usually caused a lot of sweating. I want to leave the cakes out after they are covered but I'm afraid the soft butter cream underneath will not withstand on its own, and once softened will look bumpy? Is this true?...