Posts by khaynes2266

Thanks all for responses. Yes sugar is vital but I was wondering how the Splenda brown sugar blend will work. I'm going to try my same recipe and do Splenda brown sugar for the regular brown sugar. I'll post the final results. I saw a recipe online but it looked runny and not like a regular Frosting.
I've been searching the net for sugar free caramel frosting. I'm having an increase in sugar free requests. If anyone has one,two, or three, please share.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know....the flavor. It tasted orange the next day after it sat in the fridge. My recipe was very similar to yours. Next time I'll use yellow cake mix vs orange. Thanks again. Happy Baking.
Morning. Thanks for the advice. I have the lorann's orange extract. I can actually taste the orange in it today. It's one of those cakes that's better the next day! I know to make it a day in advance. Happy Wednesday!!
I just made a mandarin orange cake using the "Allrecipes" recipe. I used a Duncan Hines orange cake mix; however, the cake doesn't taste orange. This is the first time I've made this and have an order for one Friday. The icing has the orange taste. Anyone that has tasted this flavor of cake......please tell me what type of taste it's suppose to have. I can't ask the purchaser, she's never tasted it and is purchasing it as a surprise gift for someone.
I agree with with ptanyer.....don't use baking powder/soda with SR flour, only AP. You do know that the "ugly" cakes taste the best!! That's according to my #1 tester, my son. I've never tried making a pound cake with SR but always wondered how it would taste.... Thanks for sharing. You helped me. Happy Baking.
I agree with with ptanyer.....don't use baking powder/soda with SR flour, only AP. You do know that the "ugly" cakes taste the best!! That's according to my #1 tester, my son. I've never tried making a pound cake with SR but always wondered how it would taste.... Thanks for sharing. You helped me. Happy Baking.
Thanks....I thought the bc was buttercream.
Thank you so much!! I'm excited about trying this.
I'm new to the site......what does SMBC stand for?Thanks, your questions really helped me as well.