Posts by BomCakes

Looking to find great packaging. Have been scanning the internet every chance I get, and have checked out Uline and Packaging Corp of America etc. Nice products but looking for more individualized design options without having to order a truckload. Anyone have any good leads or has anyone worked with companies out of the US? If so any successes? Thanks ahead of time!
Me too. I like it a lot. However, customer preference is the important thing so I may be changing things up slightly just to completely avoid this type of incident again.
Thank you AZ
 I like the additional layer of butter flavor but could have added in a little bit too much? Funny you should mention Preference. I had a long conversation with her about it more than likely being her preference that makes it taste/smell "off" and she agreed that it could be that she's used to and loves Wal Mart's cakes. I did not notice any smell before hand, so it never entered my mind that what I interpret as buttery could come off as gross.  But I take any negatives...
Gingerlocks, Yes! thanks so much!
Has anyone ever had complaints about the smell of their frosting using Wilton's butter flavoring? Recently, I switched to using a simple all purpose frosting that only uses 4 ingredients, butter, shortening, icing sugar and the butter flavor. I got a phone call last night from a family member who I made a couple party cakes for and she went on and on about the foul smell of the frosting. "Nobody would eat it" "People were taking off their shoes and smelling them" to try to...
HowSweet if I misunderstood and you actually weren't being sarcastic, my sincere apologies. That's how I understood it.  Everyone else, forgive my rudeness. I can see how that came across loud and clear. Nobody deserves to be talked to like that, no matter how I interpret what they say to me. I've always tried to stand taller than that. I apologize, truly.
Howsweet, You completely misunderstood everything I posted. Not enough smileys? Did I say something offensive? You asked a question, I answered it as thoughtfully as the question warranted .   I don't owe you an explanation and who do you think you are redressing me for discounting a cake for a good cause? I like to give away cake at times it gets my product into places that may not have had it otherwise. Occasional give-aways cause more customers!! That's just good...
Yes I know. Only on this occasion. I actually charge well over twice that. I don't personally know her, but know that She's a friend of my neice, struggling with breast cancer. She has a bunch of kids, no money and I wanted to do something nice. My mom passed a few months ago of cancer, it's close to my heart and I wanted to give her a great deal. She still freaked out though, like it was highway robbery..lol!  Which is normal for this area of Ohio. Just have to laugh at...
I actually heard back from this customer, I think she was shouting at me, but how can you tell on FB? She replied "I guess it'll just have to be 100-150 servings because I just cant afford more than 120 dollars!!!!!"   I basically just put out an apology for my business sake, "I hope I didn't offend you, but.." I explained that she isn't going to find another baker around here to make what she wants for the price I quoted and here's my regular price to compare it to....