Posts by beachhousebakes

your display looks great! I'm curious about your push pop pricing...I made them for my kids' school birthday celebrations and they were a huge hit.    I posted a picture on my personal FB page...NOT my business because I can't imagine the pricing on them, they were so labor intensive and the containers were $1.00 each.  within minutes I got posts/texts from ppl who are friends/like both pages wanting to know about ordering them. For my kids classes, I collected the...
I have the 'soft pink' by americolor and for the life of me it never comes out like a pretty, soft pink! it looks like pepto instantly.   any other color recs?
I have been doing it for $14 a pound. These are not decorated cookies, and no nuts involved. my more intricate cookies, like linzer tarts, would be 16 a pound. sold 24 lbs for thanksgiving, local delivery only  
thanks! that's the answer I was NOT hoping for, lol...I am out of crisco so need to go get some. I am trying to get this all done tonight, plus finish baking and plating 3 lbs of cookies for an order tomorrow, so that way if the school I sub at calls me in the morning I can go do that. Clearly I need my head examined!!! lol  
I am running an after school class where i am going to teach the kids to do the rosette on top of the cupcake with the 1M tip. Each kid will have 6 cupcakes, there are 22 kids (omg!), so 132 cupcakes.    I made the traditional wilton buttercream, 1/2 cup crisco, 1/2 cup butter, 4 cups of powdered sugar. I have 8 batches made already.   will that be enough? any other time I've ever done cupcakes in a large scale i've been at my house so i could always whip up...
I am new to posting here but have lurked for years. I recently launched a small home based business (yes in my state inspected kitchen and I have insurance) and was asked to teach an enrichment class at my local school.   there are 21 kids signed up and next week we are going to learn how to make rosettes on cupcakes with the 1m tip. Today I made what seemed like VATS of Royal Icing to teach them to make drop flower, and it was barely enough. I think for reasons of...