Posts by crinoid1029

Thank you for your replies, I'll just refrigerate the cake, hopefully all the details will stay the way they were before refrigeration, and I'll just let it thaw for about 3 hours. The white ganache messed up the room temperature thing didn't it?  
The swiss meringue's texture for me is NOT AT ALL desirable after refrigeration. Knowing that some people leave butter out for more than 48 hours without refrigeration and they safety consume it. Also, my swiss meringue buttercream's meringue is always cooked to the right temperature, killing the bacteria, and I doubt that any bacteria will grow in there, because of the high sugar content. I believe food safety is not the big issue, your state must have a higher average...
Thank you for your reply. You are certainly right about using the swiss buttercream, it doesn't make much sense to use a lot of rich frosting for a chiffon cake. The theme I was aiming was white chocolate-orange, and I want the cake to be light and citrus-y, I thought the strawberries could maybe lift up the flavors of the citrus a bit more, since I'm making the cake vanilla also to kinda match with the white chocolate ganache, but I will do a citrus flavored syrup(maybe...
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum So i'm making a cake for my friend's birthday party, it's going to be vanilla chiffon cake with a hint of orange, and a white chocolate ganache filling. I'm also planning on doing a lot of chocolate designs for the cake, using a mix of white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. The only thing I've been thinking about, is what kind of frosting I should use. It's a tie between whipped cream cheese frosting and Swiss Meringue Buttercream. This...