Posts by lexissweettooth

That's insane!  (Keep in mind I live in the rural Midwest)  I tried selling my sweet treats at the local indoor farmers market around Thanksgiving and Christmas last year.  My family were my best customers!  Although my situation was different because it didn't matter where my ingredients came from (store or farmers market).  However, I had the Amish who live 60ish miles away to compete with.  They could charge $9 for a pie, but that's about what my cost was for my pies....
Hi there, newbie here!  Our lil man is turning one in a month.  I love cake decorating but definitely an amateur.  I have square, round, and rectangular cake pans.  I even have a checkered cake pan set.  I can't decide how to make his cake to fit the alphabet theme.  I don't want to do anything too difficult, but I would like to challenge myself a little because that's the only want to improve my skills and knowledge.  So far, I haven't made any shaped cakes.  He only...
Hello, I'm a newbie here!  I am wanting to make some homemade sprinkles to tell at the farmers market without using fondant and actual egg whites.  I have tried one recipe that I've found online, and it didn't workout the way I had hoped.  Any recipes for me to try?  I found this one http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-sprinkles-for-cupc-138957, but I know I can't buy Just Egg Whites around here; however, I know I can buy meringue powder.  If I substituted Just Egg...