Posts by Lfredden

Ok, I've uploaded a photo for review. I would appreciate your comments.
Wow, you're brave, hope it works out for you. I started off making my own fondant to practice with, then bought Satin Ice for the real deal. Working with my crappy fondant made using Satin Ice a dream to work with, for your flowers I would use satin ice and add Wilton's Gum-Tex to it to make it like a gum paste. I would start making all those flowers now. Let us know how it turned out.
Is the cake mix box size the correct size for your recipe? Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines and Pillsbury all reduced the size of their cake boxes, wreaking havoc on a lot of people's recipes.
You can try modeling chocolate or maybe gumpaste.
I would put the toppers on just before leaving or once get there. Fondant has a tendency to get soft on buttercream. I've had trouble with that before, especially with small pieces.
I bought plastic storage boxes at Target for $8 each. They are about 6" high and hold about 50 cupcakes. I lay cardboard on the bottom so they don't slide around much. I like the plastic boxes with lids because they help keep the cupcakes fresh. In the cardboard boxes I notice cupcakes dry out faster.
Unless you purposely stuck it on the fondant or cake, which I doubt anyone would do, I can't see how it would end up in the cake and go unnoticed. I would probably freak out too, but I'm sure it'll be fine, let us know what happened.
Oops I guess we're not supposed to post that website? For some reason it blocked it out.
I found the tips on this link very helpful, http://*********.com/frosting-icing-etc/buttercream-meringues/italian-meringue-or-mousseline-buttercream-or-imbc. Also, I usually take the butter out of the fridge after pouring the sugar into the meringue, let the meringue mix for 20 mins, then add the butter 1 T at a time. If its still too soft refrigerate in 10 minute increments. Add color last.
http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cakulator.cgi?option=2&option=Select+Cakulator&chart=wiltonWedding2Inch&chart=Select+Chart&calculate=Calculate%21&.cgifields=pan You can try this calculator.