Posts by jiya11

Thanks!! I looked into fliprogram and I am very tempted. Has anybody had experience with it? 
So being a hobby baker for a few years, I have decided to take a plunge into part time business launching around Beginning of June latest, *if hopefully I have my act together, maybe earlier*. I would want to offer cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, cake pops, truffles etc from home and also do a weekly Saturday Farmers Market. I already have established a good reputation with family and friends and feel confident that for a start, I should be able to secure a few orders a...
Leah, I know its an old post but could you enlighten me? I am looking into it and dont see anything at State Farm.. Thanks in advance.
I have the diamond fondant cutter. I gues si will have to do some math to get them evenly around the cake. Whats an angle cut template? Like, Jessicakes style? Any tips on piping neatly over? These will be the sides of the cake.   Thankyou all. I looked around. Couldnt find the metal markers locally anywhere. :(
Hello dear CC'ers   I am trying to use this image as an inspiration for a two tiered cake. Not sure if doing a square or round yet but leaning to a square. My question is the middle diamond pattern on the image. I know there are diamond imprint mats out there for the diamond pattern (have never used one). If I have a white crusted bc top 6" tier, how can I get the imprint of diamonds with pink outline? Also, could you suggest which mat would be a good buy as I have...
    Thanks, that sounds great! I have dummy cakes that I had ordered so I will play around with the 6 and 10.   I have come down with a pricing list that I will print for her so she can choose her serving size/tier combo. Let me know what you think. I usually stack two 2' cakes and torte them to get three layers of filling/frosting and four layers of cake   Round BC with fondant accents 6" (serves 12)  $30  ($2.5/serving) 8" (serves 24)  $60  10" (serves 38)...
Thanks K8memphis for your detailed and thorough reply. I think she wont hesitate to pay for what it is worth. She has just never ordered a custom cake so she was clueless. For 50 servings, would a 10 and a 6 round look proportional? I have never done that combo. I have 6, 8 and 10 inch round pans.I can quote her for a 50 serving 2 tier and a 80 serving three tier and see which she chooses.   I will keep you posted.
Thanks.. I refer to that everytime but I was thinking she needed generous portions..
Hello everyone.   I have a Baptism cake coming up for my daughters' therapist (godmother) who wants it on April 7th. She will be coming over tomorrow to show some decorations and inspirations.   She loves the taste of the cakes I make and convinced the host that she wants to bring in the cake as a gift. She wants to serve 50 people and everyone loves cake so much, she wants generous slices for everyone. Should I suggest a 10,8 and 6 round to her? Would that be...
Ivtig, I just read this thread and wanted to wish you all the best! Hope all is going on well.. I have my fingers crossed... P.S. I have great respect for K8memphis.. she is always there to save the day..