Posts by jiya11

I am greatly inspired by a cake by The Dainty Baker. I wanted to try and recreate that for my son'e birthday coming up in two weeks.  I don't need a lot of cake so two of the tiers would be dummy cakes. My questions is: *The separators in between, how are those done? *Is there a mathematical formula or something I need to know for placing each cake on a certain angle?  *I am assuming the Hulk's hands are either GP or RKT. If it is RKT, is it then covered in...
II used to boil it for several years without any issues but now I buy the ready to use ones available at Walmart/Target etc. They are either in the Spanish isle or right in the same area as regular condensed milk. It's called 'Dulce de Leche' made by Nestle. HTH
I have always wondered this:If I have a tiered cake consisting of cake and dummy cakes.. Lets say 6,8,10 with 8 being a dummy. For central dowel, do I push the dowel from the top tier through the dummy and then to the bottom tier? Would the styrofoam from the dummy be not be getting into the bottom cake? I have done cake combos with dummy's but that was not transported hence never dowelled centrally. I hope I am making sense..
Thanks Jason! Do you know if the state of Florida has any other requirements besides the business license ( or occupational license as I read elsewhere)? Forming an LLC and Insurance is not required but recommended?
To comply with CFL, do you need a business license or anything else as well? I know the labeling requirement and the non-perishable ingredients only...
It seems I have been going around in circles... I am in Orange County, anyone who can offer some help would be greatly appreciated. My question is, where do I stand right now? Do I need a business license, LLC, etc to get started or I can start advertising right now? Also, I live in an apartment complex, would that make a difference? I called the zoning and they said I need a business license to conduct any business. If I need to get a business license, should I go ahead...
Thanks. That make sense. I will find out from the bakery. Now just for the sake of it, I want to do a cake with an edible image!! I did have a good laugh after seeing the Graduation Cat cake though .. lol...
Sounds about right. I was quoted $10 for an edible image from a local bakery. So you just print it out on a regular printer paper and give it to the bakery or does it need to be in digital format?
Thanks so much for the valuable advice. I visited at the decopac site just now and I am amazed!That brings me to the next question.. if you accept to do a licensed character cake, say Mickey.. and you buy the image from decopac online image library and print it, would it be legal to sell such a cake without having to worry about legal issues??
Thanks for all the replies. So in short, it can be done as long as its kept separate from the edible portion of the cake. I would love to look into the possibility of edible images but I do cakes for hobby and they are occasional, maybe one to two cakes a month. Can't justify buying an edible printer. I know bakeries could print out for a charge but never confirmed with any as of yet.