Posts by BlasianGirl

I'm 15 years old and I make a little extra cash selling cupcakes that I bake at my house to schoolmates, parents of the kids I babysit for, neighbors, etc. Nothing too big. I made up a "company name" to put on a business card which I hand out, and a website could possibly be on the way. I only get maybe an order or two a week if that, and I didn't bother registering it as an actual business or anything like that. Could I get in any legal trouble for this since I sell for...
I made a large batch of buttercream frosting and colored it a light blue last night, but when I tried them today I realized they had a slightly bitter aftertaste. Is there anything I can do or add in to save it?
I have no estimate of how many people may attend, even after asking around for a few days. I'll have cupcakes individually, and in packs of 1,4,6, and maybe 12. I think my chocolate base cupcakes are the best, and so I think I'll have chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla and chocolate buttercream options for both as well as a red velvet with cream cheese. (I'm still a sophmore in high school with only about an year of experience and I don't really the time nor...
Hi! So this is the first time I'll be selling a large amount of cupcakes at once (although I have no idea how many people will be there). I was wondering, what's a low price way to make my cupcakes look festive and stand out from the other cake vendors? And how much should I charge for them? (Fondants and expensive decorations are out of the question). Is there anyone with any experience selling at bazaars, farmers markets, etc? Any advice on what to expect and...