Posts by Nixs247

Wow £1.00 per hour, I would have kindly stated my starting price is.... and also suggested that they are welcome to go to Asda, Sainsbury's or even M&S if their budget could afford M&S that is.....lol   Some customers really do not have a clue - so with that knowledge you can't take it to heart....BUT...there are other customers who want to play you against another fellow cake maker/company - so I simply advise them to stick with the cake maker/company..lol   A...
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with your customer (so called customer!)...what is very confusing to me is that she mentioned that she has been baking for NINE YEARS....   With that said no one ever likes to recieve negative feedback but I suppose that not everyone will be happy with the end product (as we dont live in an ideal world), but taking into account that she has already sampled your service/cakes previously then she would know what to expect.   I...
Kazita...when I'm having a trying day - my first post always puts a smile on my face.   Classic...lol
Another to add to the collection....   Will it be cheaper if we used Chopped Fruits instead of Whole Fruits for a fruit cake???   Answer is ......errrrr No it will cost you more! lol :o)
lol.. this is what happened a few weeks ago.   Customer: I need a 2-3 Tier Wedding Cake Me: So will that be a 2 Tier or 3 Tier Cake? Customer: hmmm....3 Tier  Me: Ok, so can you advise me of the Bride & Grooms Colour Theme Customer: The Groom is Black and his Bride is White!!!
Hi ya,   I have not be in a similar situation to what to you find yourself in...but a contract is a contract period!   Assuming that the Bride was notified/made aware of the non refundable deposit, the contract is valid.   What you could do if you want to that is - is to offer her a discount against a future order but by no means offer a refund, otherwise as you quite rightly stated you will be going against your own ruling/contract.   Did the Bride sign...
Thank you for sharing Heartsnsync!!! So helpful especially with the visual pictures you have kindly submitted...   In the UK mentioned by someone else with have Cake Extenders which normally have to be supported with something else to prevent the wobble effect.   I've also seen on this site that from you guys in the States something you call "Cake Safe" which we don't have in the UK, but I think its expensive (from what I read)....so I prefer Heartsnsync method...
Just saw this post...I second the edible print route...do a practice sheet once you've found your pattern.  
Defo remove any negative comments from FB pronto!!! - as this will probably hinder you from acquiring new customers/clients.   More importantly you don't want to dig your own grave by giving the MOB an OPEN invitation to your FB page for a PUBLIC slaging match.   No need to harm your business for a confused and disturbed MOB.   Do you have any feedback from the other services that were appointed for that wedding??
I agree with Venus Cakes....   You would need to find out the scheduled timetable for the Bride & Groom and to ascertain what the opening times for the venue are or to liaise with the appointed wedding coordinator/planner.   If the cake is still delivered late which has disrupted the Bride & Grooms timetable then you should consider a discount (that percentage will be your discretion) as compensation or goodwill which ever way you want to look at it.   If...