Posts by tykesmommy

Also, what kind of flowers do you think those are and how do you make vines like that?
How many of you put ribbon on your cakes? Like as a border around the bottom where the fondant meets the board? How do you get t to fit snugly and stay? What happens when Ta serving time? Thank you!!
Thank you! I thought this cake was just beautiful and since I have found Ron Ben-Israel, I'm in love!! He is brilliant!!
If I were told I was eating a week and 2 day old cake, I would probably throw up. I wouldn't sell it, serve it, or eat it. I say remake it.
I have found this on Ron Ben-Israel's page and I'm making my mom a birthday cake this weekend I want to make a "R" instead of the "S" similar to how this is. Any ideas on how??
I would think maybe brush a tad bit of water here and there on your white fondant to make sure the colored fondant didn't try to run away. I have never done this, but it sounds neat.
I'm sorry, but have I missed something? I thought this was about cherplumpiwhatever?
I knew there was a reason I asked this here! Y'all have such great suggestions. I'm definitely going to look into Sweetwise. Thanks!
That final banquet table is beautiful! She definately deserves a big pat on the back for that!! I don't think any type of classes are offered around here like Wilton's. I thought about going to a bakery that I wouldn't be any competition to and learning there. I have an offer on the table from a bakery about an hour away. What are your thoughts on it? I have actually just graduated from college with an associates degree in business management if that helps any. I would...
It looks weird and oozy, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind trying it. Hopefully it tastes better than it looks... *shudder*