Posts by CakeBaby89

I was wanting to see if anyone knew how to do this technique they used on this cake? Doesn't really look like a buttercream transfer, or drawn on with icing exactly.. It just looks too smooth for those techniques.. i could be wrong though. Help! :/
Hi! I am sure there's a thread on this somewhere but I'm having a hard time finding anything. I want to know how they can use all that filling in cakes and not get the bulging?? Is it all about letting it settle or maybe ganache method?
I am having trouble finding the answer to this question so I am looking for opinions...   I am going through the process of getting all my permits and business license to open up shop but haven't had my inspection yet..so I wanted to try to be prepared in case they ask..   I know with decorated cakes with a perishable filling that you must refrigerate it...BUT if say I have a vanille cake with vanilla buttercream decorated and doesn't have to be delivered until the...
I just got a request to do an Avengers cake and wants it to look just like the picture she sent me.. I don't think i have ever been stumped by a cake like this.. Can someone please help me identify what technique was used to do this cake? Transfer sheet maybe? Picture is attached! thanks!!          
I just ran across this thread and had a question...If I make a buttercream covered cake and put it in the refrigerator overnight before I deliver it the next day...When it starts to come to room temp (say at the venue) won't it start to sweat? I have had a couple cakes do that in the past..but don't know how to prevent it..I also had a fondant cake I put in yesterday morning before I delivered it last night and by the time I got to the venue the fondant was somewhat soft...
Here we go....So yesterday I was finishing up a hello kitty cake and on the front I had a little fondant tag that I attached to the buttercream cake...It looked perfect, I then boxed it up and waited until it was ready for delivery. I came back an hour or two later and the tag had pretty much pulled the buttercream away from the cake and there was a huge air pocket..or atleast that is the best way to describe it...   What is the most successful way to attach fondant...
Thank you all, I think this is really going to help.
Thank you both very much!   Melanie- So do you not have a problem with your cakes drying out by leaving them out overnight? If not, then I need to try this..I don't think I am letting my cakes rest long enough. Literally right after I fill, ice it and put fondant on I start my decorating.   Evoir- What fondant do you use now and have luck with? I'm always open to try new things..
A couple weeks ago I made my own wedding cake and I used the SPS system and Satin Ice fondant...I get the cake put together at my house to make sure everything looked ok and then took it apart to transport it...I left it over night on the counter and the next morning the bottom 2 tiers were very wrinkly looking and bulging terribly. Of course I got aggravated and stripped off the fondant and tried again...It looked fine that morning but by the time the wedding started it...
In this thread there is a picture of a technique I am trying to achieve...a bride I talked to wants me to do this fondant lace on the entire cake, and I have no idea how to even go about this. Can someone give me some sort of direction with this? Thanks!