Posts by sugarcakes65

I'm so happy to hear that it worked for you, Cambo. Using the styrofoam dummy sounds like the way to go. Did you use a 1/2" or 1/4" cake drum under the bottom tier of the cake? Thanks, everyone, for your help!!
Thank you! I had considered both of these options. However, I wasn't sure the plates/pillars would be strong enough to support the weight of the cake. I have nightmares of it slipping on the stand. I ordered a styrofoam dummy piece and was hoping it would be strong enough to support the cake. Do you think the dummy cake would be a better option than a wood block underneath? I just don't want to have a collapsed cake on my hands.
I have a bride that is wanting a design inspired by the wedding cake shown on the link, http://pinterest.com/pin/91620173640658582/. She specifically wants the separation between the cake and cake stand with flowers. Her cake is 4-tiered, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve the separation and have it resemble the picture. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!