Posts by Cakelover11111

Thank you for the advice, I agree with your points about target market. We use the fb page mostly because I don't have the password for the website and although we do have a website and it's on our business cards it needs updating. I'm trying to get the password for it because it does have a lot of old work on. Thanks x
I've never been a member of this site until now I've only browsed a lot, I usually don't post on forums xx
We often have days where no one comes in, most people who do are trying to sell us something instead of the other way around. I think we may have the same problem as you did, foot traffic. Although there are a lot of cars we are on the quieter part f the street and so people don't come as far I think. We have been looking into a store for rent closer up the street where more of the people are. The only other items we sell are cupcake cases and cake boards/drums, sugarflair...
We already offer free delivery There is some parking around but where we are near to a station it's usually all full up. We did have a plan to knock down the unused part of the back and turn it into a parking area and outside sitting area but as there was so much work to be done inside the money got spent unfortunately. We now have a few cakes in our window and are working on a few more, there is also a meeting happening soon where all the shop owners on the street get...
We already sell cupcakes and brownies. The brownies we sell cheap, so school kids will come in a buy them sometimes. I did used to sell slices of victoria sponge and coffee and walnut cake but these never sold and I find I am throwing away a lot of it so stopped doing them. I am thinking of new deals to advertise though along the lines of your suggestions xx
I try and post on fb at least once a day now to get more likers, but I find most of the people who like the page are other cake pages or people who do not live in the same area so it is a little difficult but I am keeping at it so hopefully it will pay off soon xx
I'm not sure what the laws are around here for stuff like this but I think you have to have some sort of license for it, I am looking into doing some different markets but they require rent and other fees so I can only do this when I have to the money to do so. We do offer free delivery though x
We try to make cakes for any budget, we do have several deals which I know are cheaper than our competitors. I haven't paid out for any more advertising lately as the past times it didn't seem to do much. We have done some networking with other shop owners on the street, the bakery not far from us doesn't do big celebration cakes so always hands out our business cards when people ask and other shop owners who have had cakes from us recommend us. We do get a few people come...
My rent was cheap and the place was not rented for 2 years, I guess I soon found out why! The place before was an indian restaurant and it was in a much worse condition than I thought when I came in to have a look. The people before really hadn't looked after the place and instead of dealing with the problems they just covered them up so I had to take everything away and redo it which took a bit out of the money I'd saved for other expenses. I know groupon won't make/bring...
I am in the process of decorating some now so hopefully this will help x