Posts by TheStuffedFlamingo

I have no clue where to place dowel rods in my cake to make it hold up.I am making a two tier cake today.The bottom tier is a 2-layer, 10-inch square and the top tier is a 3 layer, 8-inch round. I think i need to at least dowel the bottom tier so it holds up the weight of the top.Suggestions please
I am wondering how many cups of flour is in a pound of cake flour?
I also make my own marshmallow fondant and use a recipe from Annie's Eats blog. She has made lots of cakes with it.The first thing I thought of when I was reading your post, was the weather, which you already mentioned. So other than that, I don't know. I hope you can use a new recipe, although yours sounds very similar to mine.
okay, the subject isn't what you think. I know how to bake a cake...lolWhat I do want to know is, I just bought a 10-inch square cake pan and don't know how much batter or batches of cake it will take to make a two layer cake with this pan.has anyone used this and would like to fill me in?Thank you!
Thank you! That does help me out a bit. And its not too late to.ask
Hello! I am new here and also somewhat new to the cake decorating world. It's something I've loved for a long time, but just this year realized people will.pay me to bake for them! Woohoo!Anywho, my question is about cake servings. I want to know from experienced people, if the charts you find online are acurate.I have a baby shower cake coming up, and they are expecting 60 people. Would a two layer 6-inch on top of a three layer 8-inch cake be enough? Or should I fill in...