Posts by tabathaba

To be honest, this is your own fault. When somone tells me they want a specific design that is fondant based, I don't give them the option of having it in buttercream.  I am not going to cause myself extra time, difficulty, and stress because they want it to look just like fondant but be buttercream.   I will carefully explain that the design they want is a fondant design and if they want buttercream frosting, then here are some suggestions that might be a similar look....
Trial and error is the only way to find a recipe that you love. And buy a scale and weigh all of your ingredients instead of measuring by volume. Much more consistent that way.
Mine is here on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=361611777220725&set=a.182181688497069.47292.165857490129489&type=3&theater I loved it but it was definitely stressful making! The piping on the sides could have been neater...but in all I was very pleased.
I would ask her what colors she likes most. That's a lot of different colors to work with. Also, does she want the tools, the trucks, the stars, all of them?   You need to know how much latitude you have for extra decoration. You could go all out, but how much did you quote for extra decorations? Just make sure you aren't going to spend too much time on a cake and not make any money on it.
If you look under the Business section of the forums, there are multiple links for different pricing matrix. HTH!
I would try bleaching them...
One big thing that helped me was setting up a minimum order. Even if you don't have a pricing schedule on your website, it will still help weed out the customers that don't want to pay for what they are getting.   I don't even consider it if it's not over my minimum and if they try to get me lower that that on an estimate I will just say, I have a minimum order of $xx. Then if they have a very low budget you can work with something closer to your minimum order that...
I tend to meet at a location (such as a centrally located Starbucks) to drop off the cake. It avoids having to give directions to my house, and also promotes being on time.  I have never had anyone late to a meeting at a location such as this. I guess they view it as different then my house where I'll be home anytime and they can just drop by.   It is easier for me too because I can plan around that meeting instead of waiting around for them to show up. It works for...
Anyone have any ideas? I have a $50 minimum order, so I'm going to charge at least that, but I'm not sure if it's worth more than that. It's been so long since I've done one I don't have a good idea of how many hours it will take me. Anyone have a general idea of how many hours it takes you to decorate a doll cake?
I searched the forums for info on this and all I could find was something from years ago. I'm looking for updated numbers on what you charge for a barbie doll pick cake using the Wilton Wonder mold.   I made these, but never had to price one for sale. Please let me know if you've done one recently and what you charged for it! Thanks!