Posts by kmanning

Thanks for the responses, next time I bake I will try all of these solutions.
Thanks, I will have to try that. Hopefully, that will solve my problem.
I found this recipe on the Internet somewhere and had to change it up to make it dairy free. This is the changed recipe: 5 egg whites, room temp 3/4 cup water 2 1/4 tsp vanilla 2 1/2 cup sifted cake flour 1 3/4 cup sugar 1T & 1t baking powder 3/4 t salt 12T shortening 350 degrees The only things changed are water for milk and shortening for butter. The cake has a good flavor, but it is dry and crumbly. I really like a moist cake. I know that scratch cakes are a bit drier...
I just made my first batch of SMBC, it tastes so much better than ABC. Anyway, I have looked and really can't find anything on someone being able to successfully create camo with it. Could I add more PS to make a stiffer buttercream to achieve the camouflage? Or could I fill and crumb coat with SMBC, refrigerate until firm then go back with ABC, let it crust, then smooth? Thanks!
If this is directed at me I get it, I really just used that to make my point.I guess if I was brand new to the site and that is the first thing that I read I probably would not post anything. Point taken. I guess it is our jobs as members to keep it under control, I mean no one has to be here if they don't want to be. A welcoming committee that can be unbiased and give helpful information would be great for this site. I see a lot of new people reaching out, "newbie just...
You could make sweet potato caramel, I made it last night it was good, did still taste like sweet potatoes. 3 lbs sweet potato 1 1/2 cup water Peel and cut up potatoes and put in to a 9x13 add 1/2 water. Bake for one hour covered with foil and then uncover place back in over for 15 min. Take it out and add 1 cup of water. Place liquids and solids in a strainer, lined with cheesecloth. Let in drain in a saucepan, when cool enough to handle squeeze and get all the liquid...
I don't feel that anyone should have to apologize for anything in that particular thread. It was just to stir up trouble, everyone knows that it's a troll, so no one has to respond to it. Anz if you be reponzing to OMGOMG u's gottas do itz like dizz, aaight. (Yes, I was joking, being light hearted!) On a serious note, that user should be banned, nothing of value to offer here. And cakealicious7 is right, completely got off topic
If you could get a term contract with them that would give you a for sure deal with them. You could take 15% off or if you felt that was too high you could lower it, Guess I should note that I'm not in business, but good for you for getting
Good, informative threads that turn ugly need to be cleaned up, locked, then be created as a sticky or put into a "informative category". Since this thread has started, have seen a lot of people answer threads by redirecting the OP to use the search bar. I think its a great thing this thread has changed the responses that are given to general questions.
I think that new members post threads like "Help ASAP (insert problem here)" and questions about pricing all for the interactions. I'm sure most people see the search bar, but would rather be given the answer to feel a part of the community. If you do not post how does anyone know that you are here? After this thread was started, I read a post and AZCouture answered and then suggested a google search for tasting info. a few minutes later the same user posted a thread about...