Posts by Regina1983

Thank you the lemon curd is from a jar and my lemon cake buttercream is therefore non perishable. However,the chocolate cake filling contains cream. I will have to put it into a fridge and hope for the best :-/
Thank you both very much! Despite practising, I am a little anxious I am making the attached recipe (minus fruit cake) and will wrap the plain cake over night (room temp). I will then fill and cover on Friday and leave the finished products in a box on the counter. I will be so happy once the cake is cut and served http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4578/creating-your-wedding-cake
Hi,I need your advice. I am making a 3tiered wedding cake which contains buttercream and is covered with fondant. I am planning to bake the cakes on Thursday and fill/cover on Friday for a Saturday wedding.I am confused when to refrigerate the cake. I put the baked practice cakes (no filling) into the fridge and I found that they were a little dry afterwards. So should I not put it into the fridge before covering?And what should I do with the finished cake-leave it at room...