Posts by luckyruth

Thank you letsgetcaking, that's my current dilemma as well. I think instead of going straight from church to venue, I'll stop home and get the cake and bring with me to wedding. Hopefully there won't be too many guests there yet, and I can get it in and situated without being bumped!!Thanks too Irene for your advice. Luckily, the venue is closer to home than the church, so I should be able to make the detour to home and get cake and bring with me to reception.Wish me...
MoG is my best friend, and she is the one who asked me to make the cake for her son's wedding, with the full approval of bride and groom. I'm a hobby decorator - there is no contract. So I'm just trying to find out what will be best for the cake. I am concerned that leaving a ganache filled cake out for 24+ hours isn't a good idea.
I tried a search but couldn't find an answer and need to get this cake done. Also making the groom's cake, but that I've got under control.Making a wedding cake for Saturday. Ceremony is at noon (an hour from the hall). I'm a guest at the wedding.Mom of the Groom wants to bring cake to the hall and leave it overnight. I'm making standard white cake, with chocolate ganache filling, butter cream icing.Can this cake sit out for 24 hours with ganache inside? If not, need...