Posts by KSCakeCreations

I have recently (finally!) mastered IMBC...  I had always used regular buttercream (butter/shortening and powdered sugar)  One thing I always hated about regular buttercream is  the grease that would soak into anything it came into contact with.  I have a customer picking up a cake tomorrow for an event the next day and planned to use IMBC to write their message on the fondant.  Because of all of the butter in IMBC, will I have the same problem with grease seeping into...
Oh duh! I am so stressed about things right now I didn't even consider that I could just use a chocolate mix in place of the white mix the recipe calls for. I'm such a dummy! As you can probably tell I'm new to this... Thank you anyway for your time and advice on such a silly question!
I just received mine two days ago. I'll be using it for the first time this weekend. With all of the good reviews, I can't wait to try it!
Can anyone help me?   I am doing a bridal shower cake and the customer requested the Cake Boss White Velvet recipe (https://www.cakeboss.com/WhiteVelvetCake.aspx).  The cake is due this Sunday and she just requested that one of the layers be chocolate.  I have never altered a recipe, so I'm not sure exactly how to achieve this successfully.  Do I use cocoa powder?  How much?  Will adding powder dry out the cake?  Since this was a last minute request, I am under...
Beautiful!  Thank you so much for the tutorial.  I'll have to try this...  I just can't seem to master bow making, maybe this will help!!
Hi all!   I am making a cake for my niece's bridal shower this weekend.  It is going to be a two-tiered cake covered in white fondant.  She wants a chocolate ganache frosting underneath.  This is where my questions lie:  Does someone have a good recipe for a ganache frosting?  Also, the fondant will be rolled over an impression mat...will a chocolate frosting show through the fondant?  If so, would it fix the problem if I just rolled the fondant a little thicker? ...
Hi all!   I have to make a cake for my niece's bridal shower and I was planning on using an impression mat with white fondant.  Her wedding color is navy blue and I wanted to paint the impressions in the fondant navy blue.  I understand the recommended method is to mix gel color with vodka.  Do I need to worry about the color possibly bleeding into the white fondant?  And if I experiment ahead of time and achieve the color I want, can I save the solution?  Do I need...
Thanks! I wasn't sure because of the cream...
Will ganache keep in the fridge overnight? Will it be ok to use if I let it come back to room temp in the morning?
I am making a tiered cake for my niece's bridal shower and I need navy blue crystal ribbon to wrap around the base of each tier. Can anyone tell me where I can find it? I'm having trouble finding navy blue...