Posts by linnod

Gleep, Do you use the foam core board directly under cakes?
How many cake layers do you use? I have heard of some baking 2 , 2" cakes and I have also seen 3 baked cakes with filling.    Thank you Linda
Could you share where you purchase SPS plates and columns? I must have missed it.  Do the wilton white plastic hollow pillars fit plates? Thank you for your post. Very encouraging. :) 
I did think it might have been with the mixing of the color. I add a little at a time until I get the color I need. But when I mix to much my butter cream gets too many air bubbles in it...grrr. No, I did not use a hot knife. I crumb coat first then I put a good amount of butter cream on cake and use a bench scraper to smooth sides. Now this is when it happens. After smoothing, I have to touch up some divots and areas that don't have enough frosting and then the colors are...
 My colors streak when frosting my cakes .I have taken a picture from pinterest to show what it looks like. Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it.  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/152066924892616638/. I use wilton and americolor colors. 
I tried the recipe for the first time yesterday in my 5qt Kenmore mixer. WOW!!!! I LOVE IT. Although, I did make a big mess in my kitchen LOL, it was great. It was my first time trying Creme Bouquet and I  really enjoy the citrus flavor of it. Thank you Sharon :)
Thank you for sharing your recipe. Because I will not use all of the butter cream all at once, can I freeze it and still have it work the same?
Wondering if you could give me some tips on using this one. I must be doing something wrong because it is so hard to push out. I have to have my husband squeeze it out for me. Do you have to heat up your fondant or gum paste for it to flow easily? 
Applegum Pam, I would like to apologize for calling you rude and seeming ungrateful, Normally I am very nice person.. Just the other day I was diagnosed with an illness that is affecting me neurologically and obviously my brain and how I think,communicate and process. And reading back on ALL of the post I can see why it did seem ungrateful to ask for more and can understand why you quoted Forest Gump. :) And yes, I do feel quite stupid.But at least now I know why. I am...
ddaigle, Thank you so much for your great reply and LOVE your humor. :)