Posts by Glitterkitti

I want to make this cake with a shimmery finish using PME lustre pearl spray. Should I quilt add border then spray then add pearls and quilt, add border, pearls and then spray?
like this photo? I was thinking of covering the cake upside down and leaving a bit of overhang. How would I get it to stand up after I flip the cake? suggestions?
like this photo? I was thinking of covering the cake upside down and leaving a bit of overhang. How would I get it to stand up after I flip the cake? suggestions?
oh, I think I see it now, the black is laid over the white on the sides as a border  
Can someone help me with how to make this cake? The edges are so flush. I've seen examples where a piece of white fondant is laid on top but then the edges are not flush. You can see the layer of fondant on top.   Thanks!
Yes, tried to search and all that came up were the closed rose type using a cone center.  
Does anyone know how to create an open rose such as this one? I can't find a tutorial anywhere for it? Thanks!
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I made these wired peonies and want to put 3 onto a 3 tier cake. One on top, and the other two between the tiers. The peony is too large just to sit on it's own as the ledge between the tier is only 1". How do I secure the peony to the edge of the tiers so that it looks like this cake?
I wanted to try the "push down' method where you push down on the top of a freshly baked cake to level it. I then froze the cakes and now when i defrosted it, it's really hard and dense. is it from the pushing down? has anyone else had this happen?
I want to make this cake:   How would I cover the pot? Would I drape over the top and smooth or wrap using 2 pieces. The bottom narrows so I'm not sure what to do with the extra fondant and keep it from wrinkling